Another busy day! I worked on my video from yesterday for the first hour. I realized I needed to take out some transitions because they were taking time away from some of my speeches. The next time I have to remember to start the camera, wait 5 seconds and then tell my subjects when they can start speaking. I added some music and finished adding my text. Then came the tricky part of uploading it to my blog. I tried to put the video from the Mac onto my USB stick and then after publishing it on my blog it would not play. After consulting with Jean, Victor and Amanda, I finally was successful. Amanda showed me she had put it on the desktop and then loaded it into the blog from there. My Mac laptop was able to get online for a few minutes - just long enough for it to upload and play properly on my blog!
Then we were introduced to the Smart Board and Notebook (which is the software used which is somewhat similar to Powerpoint although it reminds me of Elluminate too). The Smart Board is like a mouse and a projector. With an object you can change its size, rotate it and it has a menu icon in the corner. There are many interactive elements and it is a good idea to get students using this technology as much as possible. There are some interesting links that I will have to spend time investigating.
Smart Exchange website:http://smarttech.com/Home%20Page/Solutions/Education%20Solutions?WT.ac=HPBtn1_Ed_072610
some useful French sites: http://www.wsd1.org/southd/SMART_Board/french_immersion.htm
Smart Exchange for lesson plans: http://exchange.smarttech.com/#tab=0
Smart tutorials:http://www.smarttech.com/us/Resources/Training/Training+Search
the Nationa Library of Virtual Manipulatives: http://nlvm.usu.edu/en/nav/vlibrary.html
and Gizmo which is on Learn Alberta and is free to certified teachers.
We used the clicker kit that can be used with the Smart Board for surveys, quizzes, test preparation and differentiation (learning styles profile)to get to know our students' strengths and need areas. The teacher can have test questions on the software and students register their answers using the clicker anonymously or not.
There is also the Gallery section which has many interactive capabilities. I got to experiment with this part of the Smart Board when I was doing student teaching this spring when the school I was at had a PD session on how to use it.
And last but not least Shai had made a wall on Wallwisher for people to "post" what food item they would like to bring on Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment